Nothing makes you feel more helpless and uncomfortable than low back pain. Relief can often seem unachievable, whether you’re sitting down or standing up. Often even lying down fails to make much of a difference.
Lower back pain can occur because of over exertion. Sometimes, it happens as a result of a sports injury. Unfortunately, there is often no simple cure. At Turramurra Sports Spinal Physiotherapy, we know that it can become more manageable with certain treatments. We take the time to work out what is the correct treatment for your particular condition.
What Causes Low Back Pain?
Back pain can be due to a number of reasons. Probably one of the most common cause is simply “wear and tear” where degeneration in the spine causes the joints to become stiff and tight. Associated with this can be stiffness and tightness in the muscles.
Sometimes the tendons and ligaments can be sprained producing inflammation and pain. Other times you can injure a disc in the low back that can compress the delicate nerves running into the leg. Underlying all of these issues can be weakness in the muscles that stabilise the low back, making it more susceptible to injury.
While there are many possible causes for your back pain, we will assess you to determine the cause of the pain in your case and then produce a treatment plan to get you relief.
Physiotherapy for Lower Back Pain
In physiotherapy, the practitioners generally uses a selection of treatments. These include massage, manipulation, electrotherapy and exercise to mobilise the spine. The aim of these treatments is to calm the pain and get the body working and moving more freely.
Sports and Spinal Physio
We are well known in the Pymble, Turramurra, Warrawee and Wahroonga areas for the following reasons:
- Centrally located. This clinic is easy to reach, in the centre of the Turramurra area.
- Rapid results. The aim of treatment is to help patients to become pain free and sets them on the road to healing in as short a time as possible.
- Treat a range of conditions – from low back pain to sports injuries, the treatment can be adapted to all of these.
- At the heart of the local community. This clinic is a family run business with strong local ties.
- Extended opening times. We are open from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday. So it is possible to get an appointment quite easily, even if you work long hours.
Get In Touch With Us
For many, low back pain can be just a passing mild annoyance. However if not diagnosed correctly, it can progress to more serious problems and chronic pain. At Turramurra Sports Spinal Physiotherapy our expertise will allow us to determine the best way forward for your situation. Be sure to call 9144-1510 now to schedule an appointment with one of our physiotherapists.